Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wisdom teeth

A week after we moved into our new place I had my wisdom teeth removed. This picture pretty much explains it all! I came out of the surgery and wasn't feeling too bad-- I guess I was comic relief for the nurses. All I remember is Tim walking back to the recovery area and started laughing because I was trying to talk and couldn't because my mouth was full of gauze. Tim went and got the truck and pulled it around the back and the nurse walked me out --- looked at Tim and said "she's FUNNY!!" When I went back I was talking to the nurse about it she said I was one of the few that wasn't crying on the way out of surgery. Well... What do you expect? I like to make people laugh even if I am in all sorts of pain!

So the picture-- I have to thank my dear sweet hubby for that one. He was such a trooper in taking care of me. He put me to bed and gave me my frozen peas and pillows and blankets and told me to rest... Later did I find this picture on his phone... Thanks babe!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember the day I got mine out… BUT I LOVE THE PEAS!!!! Way to go Tim!!...hehehe..
I MISS YOU GIRL!! We need to touch bases sometime soon :)….
You two look AMAZING!!! And SO HAPPY!!!! :) :)

Rick and Angie said...

I'm so sorry - I remember getting those awful things removed and its no picnic!!! Lucky you had a man to take care of you (I had my mom) but even then it was just as good. :0) I'm sure u r feeling better now, and your place looks great! Congrats! The new addition, that's exciting!

Mandi said...

Wisdom teeth suck! I had to cancel a Y2K New Year's trip to Vegas after I had mine out. I was mad! Hope you're all better now.

Your house and your dog are cute. Congrats!

Jesse and Stephanie said...

Yeah the puppies grow so fast! Gauge was born April 9!!! So I guess that makes him 11 weeks.

Kimbra said...

I had a friend like you who couldn't stop laughing after getting her wisdom teeth taken out! I think the drugs just make you crazy! I hope you feel better soon!