Sunday, September 14, 2008

details....

OK so some of our friends have asked for details on the proposal and what not so here it goes....

So Tim left for Afghanistan for a three month long trip and got back in July. I got a call from him on his 36 hour long trek back home to the states and we decided on a date. Well we debated between two dates... 8/8/08 and 11/11/08. We wanted 8/8/08 because my birthday is 6/6/80 and his is 7/7/77 so we thought it would be cool to get married on that date... Well considering that would only give us about a month to plan the wedding we decided against and go with 11/11. Many ask why 11/11... well whenever we see 11:11 we always say lucky time make a wish. Then I was talking to a friend that follows numerology and she said that is a strong date (not that I follow... just find that interesting)

Tim got home on July 5 and we kind of ran across my ring on a website. I know pretty random. Well he bought it and FedEx delivered it on the 10th. Now this is the funny story- He got the confirmation emailed to him and said that it would be to apartment before 3 pm. I think I called Tim 20 times that day asking him if the ring had been dropped off yet. The answer I kept getting was no, no, no, no. Then I the LAST answer I got was "I am going to hide the ring and give it to you when I am ready" I kinda had to laugh it off and say no biggie.... So on my way home from work I called my sister and told her and her response was "Andrea you need to let him propose to you... let it be special" So I got off the phone... and as I pulled into the apartment (around 4:30) I noticed a big white truck with purple and green letters on the side... hmmm FedEx? YES! So as the driver was walking back to the truck I sat in my car wondering... should I wait for a minute and pretend I didn't see the truck? Or should I just go for it and walk up the stairs. Well I chose option B. As I opened up the door slowly Tim came running to the door holding my ring in his hand saying "baby we got it" My eyes were HUGE and I won't lie I was in shock... then he said "do I need to get down on one knee?" and of course my answer was YES!

So there is the proposal. In the doorway of our apartment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds incredibly unromantic like mine! :-) Jeff and I decided to get married while visiting my parents. We went ring shopping together and when we picked the ring up I was like "Gimme." He insisted that he propose, so we drove down the street to the Idaho Falls River and he proposed there. So it was totally expected and just cuz I wanted my ring NOW. We women and our jewelry! :-)

Anonymous said...

i think it's cute!! i love it. and you'll always love it.

i am so happy for you girl!!!! congrats again!

(this is brian's fam's web site, we're thinking of doing our own)

Mike Greene said...

I think the story is great. Much better than me asking Ann to marry me. The first time she said no, it's too soon. Things progressed, we decided when we were getting married, went to the jewelry store, bought the ring, got married a year later.

I hope you have as many beautiful years together as Ann and I did, 39less one day.